We wanted to announce a new addition to our community — a Little Free Library! If you are not familiar with Little Free Library (LFL), they are a nonprofit organization dedicated to building community, inspiring readers, and expanding book access through a global network of
volunteer-led little free libraries. The libraries are designed for taking a book and/or giving a book.
Our LFL was donated by one of our resident families and recently installed at the entrance to our pool. It will be stewarded by that family to ensure it stays clean, appropriate for all ages, and accessible. It is our hope that you enjoy this wonderful addition to our community for many years!
Here are a few guidelines for our LFL:
1. This library is for children and adults. Please do not place inappropriate materials into this library as it may be seen by innocent eyes.
2. Please do not leave anything in the library other than reading materials. Magazines, graphic novels, and the like are welcome, but other items that are not for the purpose of reading will be removed.
3. Please do not affix to the LFL (or leave inside) any kind of advertisement, flyer, or business brochure. Please do not place inside or affix to the library any items for sale. Contact the HOA for their method of approval regarding any information you would like to distribute to the Clayton Pond community.
4. Please do not write on the library, put any stickers on the library, or otherwise modify the library. We want to keep the library clean.
5. Please do not place boxes of books at or near the location of the library. Only books which can fit inside may be donated to the LFL. Again, we want to keep this area clean and able to be enjoyed by all.
We hope you enjoy visiting the Clayton Pond Little Free Library!
If you would like more information about LFL, please check out their website at littlefreelibrary.org
Clayton Pond HOA Board
Construction on the pool remodel should start in a couple weeks, weather permitting.
It's going to be a very nice place to swim and hang out once it's finished.
Completion is expected to be finished some time in May.
See the 3D rendering here:Vip3D - 3D Swimming Pool Design Software
Restroom Renovation;Completed Photos
Please respect the work done by many hours of volunteer work and keep the restrooms clean and well taken care of.
The volunteer work was done to keep keep cost down and provide nice clean facilities for our neighbors.
WORK IN PROGRESS
As many of you may know, Gary Peabody contributed many hours to the care of Clayton Pond. Sadly, he passed away after a fairly brief illness. In honor of him, some residents of the community chipped in to purchase a bench in his honor.
The cement pad was prepped and concrete poured over the last week.
What would we do without our wonderful neighbors lending a hand and donating money to make this project happen.
Our neighborhood is undergoing some temporary transformations (some painful) in the name of progress. When finished, it will be a good thing for those living here to have the option of fiber internet.
Our board members had spent a lot of time and effort determining the best course of action to replace a burnt out light bulb at the entrance off of 2nd street vs the option to replace the entire old pole. Simply replacing the light bulb was going to cost the association a considerable amount of money and would continue to cost us money in the future, when bulb replacement was needed again. Replacing the pole was going to cost even more money.
Thanks to the efforts and time spent, one of our board members was able to negotiate with the City of Edmond to replace the old pole with a new one and remove the old pole. This effort, and it was an effort, saved us a lot of money and makes that entrance a safe one in the evening hours.
Our board members are awesome and they work hard in all of our best interest. This equals value for our neighborhood.